Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Blondes have more fun


This morning my son came into the kitchen outraged.

“Kids at school are calling people with blonde hair dumb,” he said. “I’m not dumb, and neither are you, Mom!”

“No, you’re right,” I said. “We’re both extremely intelligent.”

I could see him stifle a laugh at that.

“Well, it’s not right,” he said, outraged.

Seeing the look on his face, I couldn't help but say, “Son, I have to tell you that blonde jokes are made about women and girls, not blonde boys or men.”

I could see a light bulb light up over his head as a smile slowly crossed his face, followed by peals of hysterical laughter.

“Now, that’s funny!” he said.

“There are also such things as blonde moments,” said his tow-headed sister.

“What are those?” he asked.

“It’s when a blonde person does something crazy,” I said.

“Like jump off a cliff?”

“Well, that is crazy, but, I mean, more like something silly.”

“Like run into a wall?” he asked and then demonstrated.

Did I mention it was 7 a.m.?

“Why don’t you tell us some of your blonde jokes?”

He proceeded to, as we laughed hardily.

His sister then topped him (as sisters tend to do) with jokes of her own, as we squealed with laughter. I guess the saying is true…Blondes do have more fun, even if it’s sometimes at our own expense.

1 comment:

My ADHD Me said...

I learned a long time ago that if you laugh at yourself, the world laughs WITH you instead of AT you....well, most of the time : )