I was asked to write 11 things you may not know about me. Even my mom who is programmed by default to love me wouldn’t want to read 11 things about me, but here it goes anyway.
- I’m actually very shy. I made the conscious decision in the 8th grade to be outgoing. This was made easier by the fact that I didn’t wear my glasses; therefore, I said hello to everyone, just in case it was a friend whose face I couldn’t make it.
- I’m a huge fan of eggnog, and one of the few people I know who loves fruit cake.
- I hate ironing. Think people who do are born with that gene.
- I’m very good at hailing cabs, a skill that completely goes to waste here in the South.
- Though other people may complain about their in-laws, I miss mine very much.
- I’ve lifted in a couple of weightlifting meets, thanks to my dad an Olympic lifter and coach who’s trained Olympians and world-class athletes.
- I always wanted to visit France, but when I did, I got so homesick that I cried on top of the Eiffel Tower.
- I’m not a big fan of Christmas. Christ, yes. Christmas, no.
- I was once on welfare.
- I ate chicken pot pies every day during my last pregnancy.
- My husband and I got married at a health club where we first met. My dad drove me down in a golf cart to give me away.
I would love to hear yours!